Monday, January 3, 2011

Day Three, Koko

Music: David Bowie, Lodger

Quiet day at Rancho Koko. I stayed true to paleo, eating:

Coffee with coconut milk, red cabbage and broccoli sauteed in coconut oil and a bit of meatloaf (turkey, spinach, egg, almond flour, tomatoes)

hardboiled egg with tinned salmon and some of the mayo I made a few nights ago on a green salad

a pork chop, "breaded" with egg, coconut/almond flour and shared with my kid, on another bed of greens with more broccoli and cabbage.

Dessert was good stuff- a "pudding" of raisins, dried mango, some almonds, coconut flakes and a kiwi soaked in coconut milk with a pinch of cardamom.
"Pudding!!"


Throughout the day I drank either a light liver detox tea or a relaxing tea with fennel and ashwaganda. I ate three little cubes of raw cacao sweetened with dates and raisins. You know those sweet hippie things? They seem paleo enough. No sweetener besides the fruit. Yum.

It was a slow-mo day, typical for lately. I did some crunches, some pushups, some uttanasana, a couple supta padangusthasana (and, no, I did not know the name of this one before I started this post but it is my favorite ever for relieving hip tension). A small bit of walking with my kid, the laundry folded and away. I would be lying if I said I'm a ball of energy and feelin' groovy right now. I vacillate between contemplative and comatose, with bursts of hilarity when my kid asks me things like, "Mama, what the peanut says?"

So I am off to write down a list of things I am grateful for, before too few hours of solid sleep. At least I'm staying on plan with the food.

Baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment