Monday, January 3, 2011

Lolo- Day Two

All is well with day two Paleo.

I started out with a cup of coffee with coconut milk. I thought that not drinking coffee was the culprit in my slow, difficult run yesterday. But, to no avail. Today I found I couldn't run more than 1/2 a mile. I stopped and decided to just forgo the run. I'm curious as to why I'm finding running the same exact route that I do every single day so difficult all of a sudden. Especially considering I slept in both days. I'm unsure. I usually go on an empty stomach, just coffee, tea, and water. But tomorrow I'll eat some fruit and nuts before I go and see if it makes a difference.

Food was okay today.

Breakfast - cup of coffee with coconut milk and 3 eggs fried in coconut oil.

Lunch -- six or seven gigantic handfuls of cashews and an apple.

Now this was a very bad lunch. First off, I had bought the cashews for dinner, but wound up snacking on them at Whole Foods while I was waiting on the monster line. Then I got home and ate a bunch more handfuls while I was checking my email. I had planned on having my leftover kale and chicken from the night before for lunch, but after too many amount of nuts, my stomach began to hurt really badly. I shouldn't have gone shopping hungry. Good lesson for me.

Dinner-- ground grassfed beef, stir-fried in coconut oil and cooked with coconut milk and curry powder, and sauteed  cashews, water chestnuts, snowpeas, serrano peppers, orange peppers, onions and garlic.

The goose liked it a bunch. I was modeling it after his favorite dish to order in a Thai restaraunt. It turned out quite tasty and now I am very, very full. I'm sending the leftovers with him to work tomorrow in his lunch pail.

I did drink a glass of 100% pomegranate juice today which, again, I don't think juice is very paleo, or not really paleo at all. So, I gotta probably reconsider my juice.  It's challenging to get down my vitamins with water, so juice is what I usually use. I guess I could try coconut milk.

Other than that, it's been an easy day. Except it's my Dad's birthday and I totally forgot to call him. I feel horrible. sad face.

No comments:

Post a Comment