Thursday, January 13, 2011

Days 12 and 13 - Koko Abuses Coconut Milk and Quotes a Dalai Lama

"Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck." ~ Tenzin Gyatso, 14th Dalai Lama

But I love my grasping and clinging! I am, as ever, the weakest kind of human: all full of ego and desires. I'm also grateful and working on chilling (the fuck) out. And, yeah, I may be abusing coconut products. And/or dried fruit. My nightly snack is dried fruit soaked in coco milk, flax seeds, cacao nibs (which are yak-narsty without the sweetness of raisins to bolster them. I'm sorry but it's true).

I should and maybe will back off and cool it on the sweet stuff, but my main goal here isn't weight loss, just a touch of the old reprogramming. I want to kill off my carby, boozy cravings, then work on getting more sleep. After sleep, more running; after running I'll think about weight loss. I did take a huge long walk today, jumped around a lot multiple times singing to an audio version of this one, my kid's current favorite.

And now, sleeping. Because coconut time is over.

Yours,
Koko

No comments:

Post a Comment