Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Lolo Day 16

Dude. Enough with the fruit and nuts already. I admit it. I am a very, very lazy paleo-er. And it's problematic because I've been eating dried fruit like it's going out of style. For instance, yesterday I ate something like 4 servings of organic sugar free freeze dried plaintain chips and probably close to 30 or 40 dates and two apples while I was sitting in the kitchen working.  It was just this kind of mindless eating while I was doing stressful things, like writing process notes, tallying up my 2010 expenses for my taxes, talking to insurance companies, filling out insurance forms, trying to figure out all our credit card debt, reading my horoscope and doing online tarot readings. I was just sitting there snacking as I was taking care of this stuff. Some might call it stress eating or even binge eating. I suppose that's what it might have been. I was just very anxious about what I was doing and kept on grabbing handfuls of dates or plantain chips or chomping on apples.  Unfortunately, due to all this fruit sugar,  my skin is breaking out very badly. I've got these gigantic  painful cysts on my jawline and they hurt.  My sugar intake is through the roof in the form of fruit. I used to eat maybe a couple of fruits a day, and virtually no refined sugar, no cakes, cookies, chocolate, etc. It's not because I'm virtuous, it's because I was getting all my sugar in the form of wine, so my body never had sugar cravings.  Now suddenly it wants sweet fruit all the time.
  So, I'm really going nuts on nuts and fruit. But I think that it's also because vegetables and meat take preparation. They're not grab and go. I'd like, in this second half of our 30 days to decrease fruit and increase meat and vegetables. My skin, I imagine, will thank me.
Okay yesterday: 3.75 mile run
Bkfst- turkey and an apple
Lunch- 800 dates and 3 apples and 2, 643 plantain chips
Snack- Two tablespoons of tahini
Dinner- Two Tacos with chicken, guacamole and salsa
Desert- Smoothie with 1/2 can of coconut milk, 1 banana, and chunks of pineapple.

I will say, I know that in this paleo way of eating, that I am eating way more calories and fat and sugar than usual, however, I think that my weight is staying the same. I don't know as I haven't weighed myself, but my clothes aren't getting any tighter. I did wake up super bloated this morning, but I'm premenstrual.
In other news, my birthday is coming up in 5 weeks and I don't want to sit around and cry this year like I did last year. 2010 can kiss my ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment