Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Lolo- Day Three

When I was a little girl, I asked my mother why people had pubic hair. She told me that it was to protect their genitals. I thought about it for a little while and then asked my mother why they needed protection if they wore underwear. She told me that cavemen didn't have clothes. I thought about it some more and decided that the caveman must have needed the protection when bears bit them in their crotches. So, until I was probably way too old, I thought that pubes were to protect you when a bear walked up to you and bit you in your vag.  Now that I'm so Paleo, I fully expect to grow a gigantic bear barrier bush.
Today I ate four apples. I dunno why. I was just wanting the sweet and the crunch. And I love apples so much.
Was a nice Paleo day.

Breakfast: Paleoatmeal! -- 1/2 cup Pumpkin seeds,  1/2 cup sunflowerseeds,  1/4 cup chia seeds, 1 apple cored and cut up into pieces and microwaved till mushy,  5 halved prunes, 1 banana all mushed cut up, 1/2 can coconut milk-- Microwaved for 90 seconds.Delicious. Filling. Oh yeah, and coffee. :( ooops.... But had a good 3 mile run afterwards.

Lunch: 1 giant turkey sausage, 1 apple


Snack: 1/2 can of coconut milk (left over from breakfast) to down my supplements with and a handful of cashews,  1 apple.


Dinner: 3 Tacos from the taqueria around the block. Consist of grilled chicken, salsa, lettuce, guacamole, (I gave the goose the tortillas) and 1 apple and cup of green tea.

The bad news is, I didn't win the Mega Millions. :(
I didn't really want to win 168 million dollars (that's after the lump sum and taxes are taken out). But I figured that I'd give my parents, brother,  and my inlaws a bunch of money (like 10 million each) then I'd give each of my friends like 2 or 3 million each, then I'd give a bunch to charity, then in the end, I'd have a cool 10 million to buy a house and retire and travel with. I wouldn't want a gigantic sum like 168 million, I'd definitely give away 150 of those millions. Who needs the hassle? I think it would ruin my life more than enhance it. But if I gave away a ton of it, we'd all be happy.

As far as how I'm feeling... I woke up four times in the middle of the night with a very, very full bladder. I'm unsure why. I didn't even drink that much before bed. But I must be peeing a lot because I got pretty bloated with all the alcohol, baked goods, and pizza and bread and pasta etc. that we were eating the past few weeks.  I got up several times having to pee really badly, that was weird. Also, at one point, I woke up with a crazy eczema breakout. It was really bad, histamines flying everywhere. But I know that you can have a reaction from food for up to 4 or 5 days after you've eaten it. I still haven't figured out a rhyme or reason to my eczema. I know it's stress related. Like when I was little, it always broke out unless I was away at camp or visiting my Dad in Boston. I used to think that it was the New York City pollution (and all those crotch grabbing bears) but now I think it might have been the stress of my mom. I don't even feel particularly stressed right now. I know it is some kind of weird immune response, but it is mysterious to me. It's also migrated my whole life. When I was a little little girl, like 2 years old, I remember my mom putting medicine on the back of my neck. Then, as a kid, it was on the back of my arms and the back of my knees. As an adult, there is only now two small patches, one on my right palm and one on the sole of my right foot. But they are miserable and they ooze. It's yucky. But the outbreak stopped eventually and now it's just dry, cracked skin. My steroid cream always does the trick, but I've not used it cause, well, it's not Paleo, though, neither were the two advil I popped yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment